Wednesday, December 08, 2004

 

Welcome!

Brand new! The WalkSports.com blog!

2004 has been a busy year and perhaps this blog will let me communicate with each and every one of you much better than I have in the past. As many of you know, I completed my first marathon on October 31 in Washington, D.C. doing the
Marine Corps Marathon in 5:39:06 and I'm continuing my preparation for the hp Houston Marathon (which is set for January 16, 2005).

What's new? I was named by the
Houston Striders running club the Male C0-Most Improved Runner of the Year with fellow Strider, Doug Spence, last night at its annual Holiday Party. Doug and I have both lost over 50 pounds in the last two years and have significantly improved our running during that time. Thanks Striders!

I'll be travelling this weekend to Dallas to watch the 6th annual Tom Hillary Dallas-Fort Worth All-Star Football game at
Dallas Jesuit College Preparatory on Saturday at 1 p.m. I still haven't decided if I'm going to run the half marathon at the White Rock Marathon on Sunday. I finished the Houstonian Lite 30K (18.6 miles) on Sunday, December 5th in Sugar Land with a time of 3:30.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?